The Bedford Education Foundation (BEF) is pleased to announce that it is awarding 9 grants to Bedford Educators for its 2017 grant cycle.
This year grants have been awarded to the following individuals
- Heidi Colburn, Bedford High School: Save the Bees
- Kimberly Draper, McKelvie Intermediate School: Coaching with ADHD
- Virginia Kemp, McKelvie Intermediate School: Mindfulness Training
- Rosemary Nunnally, Peter Woodbury School: Neuroscience of Reading
- Christena Lassonde, Bedford School District: BSD Special Education Workshop Day
- Catherine Herrick, Lurgio Middle School: Igniting Sparks
- Dawn Pons, Lurgio Middle School: Yoga/Mindfulness for Children’s Well being
- Claire West and Colleen Norwalk, Peter Woodbury School: Kagan Cooperative Learning Training
- Mary Ellen Noble, Bedford High School: Francophone Concert
In 2017 alone, BEF awarded over $30,000 to schools and educators to advance its goal of improving education in Bedford. The BEF maintains its partnership with the Bedford Rotary to generously fund educational grants. Bedford Kids First Trust also continues to contribute generous funds towards specific grant in support of our mutual goal to support teachers and students in Bedford schools.